Welcome to the Stoke/Newcastle Group Website
We are a local group of the Ramblers' Association and are one of the 15 groups in the Staffordshire Area. Our walks programme operates all year round. Non-members are welcome to join us as guests on 2 or 3 walks, though if you wish to walk with us regularly, you will be expected to join the Ramblers.
Membership benefits include:
- Weekend walks throughout the year
- Midweek walks
- Coach rambles
- Summer evening walks
- Social events
- You will receive our Group walks programme and newsletters
- You will be able to walk with any RA group in the country
- A quarterly subscription to our award winning Walk magazine Walk Magazine
- Protecting footpaths and walking spaces for everyone to enjoy
- A choice of over 45,000 walks every year, run by Ramblers volunteers
- The best online library of 2,500 walking routes in Britain
- Fantastic offers from our partners, including 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor
When joining any of the walks, it is advisable to wear appropriate outdoor clothing, i.e. walking boots, waterproof jacket and trousers, hat and gloves. Food and drink for mid-morning/lunch breaks are recommended.
A printed programme is distributed to members during April and October. New members can obtain a copy of the Group's current programme on request from the Secretary.